Rental Criteria

A Credit Report, Criminal Conviction Report, and an Eviction Report will be obtained for each adult applying for occupancy.

What you will need to apply:

Each adult must:

1. Completely fill out and turn in the attached application.

2. Pay the non-refundable credit/screening fee stated at the top of the application.

3. Provide positive photo identification.

4. Provide a photo of any and all pets that are being considered for the property.

5. Be prepared to wait two business days for the information on your application to be verified.

After Approval:

1. Once you have been approved, please be prepared to sign the lease or rental agreement and pay all deposits within 24 hours.

2. Once the lease or rental agreement is signed by both parties, any and all advance deposits will be applied to non-refundable fees. You are encouraged to read the rental agreement at the time of application.


1. Occupancy is limited to 2 persons per bedroom. (A bedroom is defined as a space within the premises that is used primarily for sleeping, with at least one window and a closet for clothing).

2. Exceptions are made for children under age two. Children under age two are allowed as a third occupant when the child resides with the parent or other adult(s) maintaining proper legal custody.


Century 21 Northstar allows existing premises to be modified at the full expense of the disabled person, if the disabled person agrees to restore the premises to the pre-modified condition. Turner requires:

1. Written approval from the landlord before any modifications are made.

2. Written assurances that the work will be performed in a professional manner.

3. Written proposals detailing the extent of the work to be done.

4. Documents identifying the names and qualifications of the contractors to be used.

5. All appropriate building permits and required licenses made available for landlord inspection.


1. Applicants must be able to enter a legal and binding contract.

2. Applicants must provide positive photo identification.

3. Each adult must submit a complete and accurate application listing the current, and at least one previous, rental reference with phone numbers. (Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant).

4. Any individual who may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of an individual, the complex, or the property of others, will be denied.


1. Monthly income should equal 3 times the stated monthly rent. If monthly income does not equal 3 times the stated monthly rent, a security deposit equal to a full month’s rent, a qualified roommate, or a co-signer may be required.

2. If we are unable to verify income over the phone a current paycheck stub from the employer will be required. Verifiable income will be required for unemployed applicants. (Verifiable income may mean, but is not limited to:  Bank Accounts, Alimony/Child Support, Trust Account, Social Security, Unemployment, Welfare, Grants/Loans, etc.). Self-employed applicants will be required to show proof of income through copies of the previous year’s tax returns.


1. One year of verifiable employment will be required.

2. Self-employed applicants will be verified through the state. A recorded business name or corporate filing will be sufficient to meet employment requirements.


1. One year of verifiable rental history from a current third party landlord is required. (Rental references ending 12 months prior to the date of application will be considered current).

2. Home ownership will be verified through the county tax assessor.

3. Home ownership negotiated through a land sales contract is verified through the contract holder.

4. Rental history demonstrating residency, but not third party rental history, may require a security deposit equal to a full month’s rent, qualified roommate, or a co-signer.


1. A credit report will be obtained and good credit will be required.


1. Must own property.

2. Complete the Cosigner’s Agreement and have it notarized.

3. Provide proof of source, stability, and amount of income.

4. May be required to sign the rental agreement.


  1. Upon receipt of the rental application and screening fee, landlord shall conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has been convicted of any crime within the previous seven years. A conviction or convictions for any felony, or any misdemeanor involving theft, dishonesty, assault, intimidation, drug or weapons related charges may be grounds for denial of the rental-application.




FCRA Summary of Rights


A Summary of Your Rights – Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.


The federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) is designed to promote accuracy, fairness, and privacy of information in the files of every “consumer reporting agency” (CRA). Most CRAs are credit bureaus that gather and sell information about you – such as if you pay your pills on time or have filed bankruptcy – to creditors, employers, landlords, and other businesses. You can find the complete text of the FCRA, 15 U.S.C.§§1681-1681u, by visiting The FCRA gives you specific rights, as outlined below. You may have additional rights under state law. You may contact a state or local consumer protection agency or a state attorney general to learn those rights.


You must be told if information in your file has been used against you. Anyone who uses information from a CRA to take action against you – such as denying an application for credit, insurance, or employment – must tell you, and give you the name, address, and phone number or the CRA that provided the consumer report.


You can find out what is in your file. At your request, a CRA must give you the information in your file, and a list of everyone who has requested it recently. There is no charge for the report if a person has taken action against you because of information supplied by the CRA, if you request the report within 60 days of receiving notice of the action. You also are entitled to one free report every twelve months upon request if you certify (1) you are unemployed and plan to seek employment within 60 days, (2) you are on welfare, or (3) your report is inaccurate due to fraud. Otherwise, a CRA may charge you up to eight dollars.


You can dispute inaccurate information with the CRA. If you tell a CRA that your file contains inaccurate information, the CRA must investigate the items (usually within 30 days) by presenting to its information source all relevant evidence you submit, unless your dispute is frivolous. The source must review your evidence and report its findings to the CRA. (The source also must advise national CRAs – to which it has provided the data – of any error.) The CRA must give you a written report of the investigation and a copy of your report if the investigation results in any change. If the CRA’s investigation does not resolve the dispute, you may add a brief statement to your file. The CRA must normally include a summary of your statement in the future reports. If an item is deleted or a dispute statement is filed, you may ask that anyone who has recently received your report be notified of the change.


Inaccurate information must be corrected or deleted. A CRA must remove or correct inaccurate or unverified information from its files, usually within 30 days after you dispute it. However, the CRA is not required to remove accurate data from your file unless it is outdated (as described below) or cannot be verified. If your dispute results in any change to your report, the CRA cannot reinsert into your file a disputed item unless the information source verifies its accuracy and completeness. In addition, the CRA must give you a written notice telling you it has reinserted the item. The notice must include the name, address and phone number of the information source.


You can dispute inaccurate items and the source of the information. If you tell anyone – such as a creditor who reports to the CRA – that you dispute an item, they may not then report the information to a CRA without including a notice of your dispute. In addition, once you’ve notified the source of the error in writing, it may not continue to report the information if it is, in fact, an error.


Outdated information may not be reported. In most cases, a CRA may not report negative information that is more than seven years old; ten years for bankruptcies.


Access to your file is limited. A CRA may provide information about you only to people with a need recognized by the FCRA – usually to consider an application with a creditor, insurer, employer, landlord, or other business.


Your consent is required for reports that are provided to employers, or reports that contain medical information. A CRA may not give out information about you to your employer, or prospective employer, without your written consent. A CRA may not report medical information about you to creditors, insurers, or employers without your permission.


You may choose to exclude your name from CRA lists for the unsolicited credit and insurance offers. Creditors and insurers may use file information as the basis for sending you unsolicited offers of credit or insurance. Such offers must include a tollfree phone number for you to call if you want your name and address removed from future lists. If you call, you must be kept off the lists for two years. If you request, complete, and return the CRA form provided for this purpose, you must be taken off the lists indefinitely.


You may seek damages from violators. If a CRA, a user or (in some cases) a provider of CRA data, violates the FCRA, you may sue them in state or federal court.



Federal Trade Commission

Consumer Response Center – FCRA

Washington, DC 20580 * 202-326-3761